Fedex Freight - Fedex Freight Mgr-Fleet Maintenance in Chester, Virginia
Job ID 419662BR
Job Title: Mgr-Fleet Maintenance
Address Line 1: 13301 Grover Court
Zip Code: 23836
Position Status: Full-Time
Work Hours: varies
Manage quality, cost and maintenance of equipment and shop to eliminate repairs, past due preventive maintenance and down time of equipment.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITES:
Lead, educate and develop employees
Provide support to the Operations team regarding all equipment related issues
Direct and manage the daily operations of the shop, including all maintenance and repair departments, parts department and specialty departments, if applicable
Identify and monitor equipment sent to outside sources for repairs
Perform administrative function, including but not limited to, payroll approval, scanner downloads, repair order maintenance and compliance documentation
Support, educate and motivate employees to accomplish company maintenance programs in a timely and economical manner
Conduct pre-shift meetings
Conduct weekly meetings with operations team
Address all corrective actions regarding direct reports
Monitor and analyze all opportunities to cut costs and improve efficiencies
Control and maintain inventories, parts, fuel and tires for the shop and service center
Conduct quarterly audits to ensure equipment, facilities and records are maintained per policy
Investigate all safety and accident-related matters
Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
Perform other duties as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
• High school diploma or equivalent; two or more years of college preferred plus three (3) years of supervisory/management experience in transportation, operations, parts, or vehicle maintenance OR a combination of vehicle equipment maintenance experience and supervisory/management experience. (One year of vehicle maintenance technical school training may substitute for one year of vehicle equipment maintenance experience.)
• Must be able to operate a manual transmission truck to determine if operating properly
• Must possess a valid driver’s license
• Knowledge of equipment maintenance and DOT rules and regulations
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Proven leadership and interpersonal skills
• Negotiating, problem solving and decision making skills
• Must be multi-tasked oriented and possess good organizational skills
• Basic Microsoft Office and Internet skills
• Must be able to travel as needed
• Exposure to heavy traffic areas while performing the duties of the job
• Exposure to considerable amounts of dust, diesel fumes and noise
• Exposure to climate conditions of the geographic area
• Exposure to chemicals, oils, greases or other irritants
• Hours may vary due to operational need
Division Category: Maintenance
Company Name: FedEx Freight Inc.
FedEx Freight is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Freight, please call 800-888-8252 or e-mail at ADAAssistance@freight.fedex.com.
FedEx Freight will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.