Fedex Freight - Fedex Freight Supv-Fleet Maintenance in East Moline, Illinois
Job ID 419455BR
Job Title: Supv-Fleet Maintenance
Address Line 1: 5035 Morton Drive
City: East Moline
Zip Code: 61244-9549
Position Status: Full-Time
Work Hours: Vary
Lead employees to ensure all equipment repairs and safety defects are completed properly in a timely manner.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITES:
Lead, educate and develop employees
Monitor employees performance and be accessible to all areas of the shop
Plan daily manpower to meet workload
Provide support to the Operations team regarding all equipment related issues
Monitor and analyze all opportunities to cut costs and improve efficiencies
Perform administrative functions, including but not limited to, payroll approval, scanner downloads, repair order maintenance and compliance documentation
Address all corrective action regarding direct reports
Provide clean, safe working conditions of the facility and equipment
Communicate with Fleet Maintenance leadership to ensure operation’s and company’s needs are met
Identify and monitor equipment sent to outside sources for repairs
Conduct pre-shift meetings
Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
Perform other duties as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
• High school diploma or equivalent plus two (2) years of lead/supervisory/management experience in transportation, operations, parts, or vehicle maintenance OR a combination of vehicle equipment maintenance experience and supervisory/management experience. (One year of vehicle maintenance technical school training may substitute for one year of vehicle equipment maintenance experience.)
• Must be able to operate a manual transmission truck to determine if operating properly
• Must possess a valid driver’s license
• Basic written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of tractor and trailer maintenance preferred
• Knowledge of DOT rules and regulations preferred
• Proven leadership and interpersonal skills
• Must be multi-tasked oriented and possess good organizational skills
• Basic Microsoft Office and Internet skills
• Must be able to travel as needed
• Exposure to heavy traffic areas while performing the duties of the job
• Exposure to considerable amounts of dust, diesel fumes and noise
• Exposure to climate conditions of the geographic area
• Exposure to chemicals, oils, greases or other irritants
• Hours may vary due to operational need
Division Category: Maintenance
Company Name: FedEx Freight Inc.
FedEx Freight is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Freight, please call 800-888-8252 or e-mail at ADAAssistance@freight.fedex.com.
FedEx Freight will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.