Fedex Freight - Fedex Freight Supv-Fleet Maintenance in Fort Worth, Texas
Job ID 421357BR
Job Title: Supv-Fleet Maintenance
Address Line 1: 1909 Great Southwest Pkwy
City: Fort Worth
Zip Code: 76106
Position Status: Full-Time
Job Description: POSITION OVERVIEW :
Manage fleet maintenance personnel, activities and equipment readiness at a small FedEx Freight shop location or on a shift at a large FedEx Freight shop location.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
Lead, educate and develop employees
Ensure equipment repairs are completed in a high-quality and timely manner
Monitor employee performance, provide corrective action, and be accessible to all areas of the shop
Plan daily staffing to meet workload
Provide support to the Operations team regarding all equipment-related issues
Monitor and analyze opportunities to cut costs and improve efficiencies
Perform administrative functions, including but not limited to, payroll approval, scanner downloads, repair order maintenance and compliance documentation (such as self-audits and inventory controls)
Ensure clean, safe working conditions of the facility and equipment
Communicate with Fleet Maintenance leadership to ensure Operations and company needs are met
Identify and monitor equipment sent to outside vendors for repairs
Conduct pre-shift meetings with employees and weekly meetings with Operations team
Collaborate with Safety and other departments to investigate all safety and accident-related matters
Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
Perform other duties as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
· High school diploma or equivalent
· T wo (2) years of vehicle maintenance experience to include at least six (6) months team lead/supervisory/management experience in transportation, operations, parts or vehicle maintenance (One year of vehicle maintenance technical school training may substitute for one year of vehicle equipment maintenance experience.)
· Must be able to operate a manual transmission truck to determine if operating properly
· Must possess a valid driver’s license
· Basic written and verbal communication skills
· Knowledge of tractor and trailer maintenance preferred
· Knowledge of DOT rules and regulations preferred
· Proven leadership and interpersonal skills
· Must be multi-tasked oriented and possess good organizational skills
· Basic Microsoft Office and Internet skills
· Must be able to travel as needed
· Exposure to heavy traffic areas while performing the duties of the job
· Exposure to considerable amounts of dust, diesel fumes and noise
· Exposure to climate conditions of the geographic area
· Exposure to chemicals, oils, greases or other irritants
· Hours may vary due to operational need
Division Category: All
Company Name: FedEx Freight Inc.
FedEx Freight is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Freight, please call 800-888-8252 or e-mail at ADAAssistance@freight.fedex.com.
FedEx Freight will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.