Fedex Freight - Fedex Freight Shop Technician 3 in Hagerstown, Maryland
Job ID 419116BR
Job Title: Shop Technician 3
Address Line 1: 16114 Transportation Circle
Zip Code: 21740
Position Status: Full-Time
To provide timely, quality, and cost effective maintenance for vehicle fleet including tractors, trailers, forklifts, and other equipment that requires preventive maintenance, repairs and documentation to ensure a safe and efficient fleet of vehicles.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITES:
Performs preventative and routine maintenance on tractors, trailers, forklifts, and other equipment (which may include the use of diagnostic equipment)
Works with other technicians in performing preventative maintenance and repairs
Prepares records and reports both in writing and electronically
Performs safety inspections of equipment and documents the work
Moves parts to and from the job site and removes or installs these parts on vehicle
Performs paint and body work on vehicles, as required
Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
Perform other duties as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
• High School Diploma (or GED)
• Must have one (1) year experience performing vehicle maintenance or either possess, or be within sixty (60) days of obtaining, a heavy duty vehicle maintenance certificate from an accredited vehicle maintenance vocational/trade school
• Medium/Heavy Truck Master ASE Certification preferred
• Class A CDL preferred
• Must possess necessary tools to perform assigned tasks
• Valid driver’s license may be required depending on work assignment
• Knowledge of the use and operation of power, trailing and testing equipment, gauges and tools normally associated with troubleshooting and repair of industrial hydraulic, electrical, and diesel equipment
• Basic computer skills including email, maintenance programs, and diagnostic systems
• Basic knowledge of late model gas and diesel engines and on-board computers
• Experience using oxygen/acetylene equipment (cutting, heating, bending, welding, fabricating equipment during repair) preferred
• Experience using lifting devices (bottle, floor, wheel, or transmission jacks, floor cranes etc.)
• Experience using precision measurement instruments (micrometers, dial indicators, electronic multimeters/testers, A/C charging station etc.) preferred
• Able to frequently lift components weighing approximately 110 pounds with appropriate equipment and/or assistance from another person
• Ability to safely operate vehicles equipped with manual and automatic transmission
• Ability to enter and exit driver’s compartment of truck and/or behind cab using normally available foot and handholds
• If paint and body work duties required, experience required
• If forklift repair duties required, prior forklift repair experience required
• Ability to follow instructions and complete required training
• Ability to work independently and/or as a team member
• Basic written and verbal communication skills
• Exposure to heavy traffic areas while performing the duties of the job
• Exposure to considerable amounts of dust, diesel fumes and noise
• May be required to drive service van to off-site locations and perform work
• Exposure to climate conditions of the geographic area
• Exposure to chemicals, oils, greases, paints or other irritants
•Hours may vary due to operational need
Division Category: Maintenance
Company Name: FedEx Freight Inc.
FedEx Freight is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Freight, please call 800-888-8252 or e-mail at ADAAssistance@freight.fedex.com.
FedEx Freight will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.