Fedex Freight - Fedex Freight Advisor-Liability C&L in Harrison, Arkansas
Job ID 419276BR
Job Title: Advisor-Liability C&L
Address Line 1: 2200 Forward Drive
Zip Code: 72602-0840
Position Status: Full-Time
Work Hours: 8am to 5pm Central
Job Description: POSITION OVERVIEW:
Pursuant to applicable laws, responsible for investigating, evaluating, negotiating complex litigated and non-litigated liability claims asserted against the company in assigned geographical area. Evaluate exposure to company associated with those claims and determine the appropriate course of action to protect the company from undue loss and to mitigate associated costs. Provide technical direction and training to third party administrators, outside defense counsel, vendors, internal customers and coworkers; Ensure compliance with applicable laws in assigned geographical area and support management.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
Manage and control the administration of claims of significant complexity and/or exposure presented against or by company in assigned area, including all serious bodily injury liability claims and litigation with high financial exposure.
Investigate, identify and evaluate coverage, liability and damages; establishes proper financial reserves on assigned claims, reporting to management when required; and identify and evaluate subrogation and recovery rights and sources, pursuing recovery when appropriate.
Negotiate and resolve claims within the company’s deductible with settlement authority up to $250,000 or with additional authority secured from management when needed.
Monitor resolution of claims in excess of deductible, intervening as necessary to protect the company’s assets.
Execute legal documents; respond on behalf of the company to discovery requests; conduct legal research, interpreting and applying findings to properly resolve claims; attend depositions, hearings, mediations, trials and other legal proceedings required to resolve complex litigation.
Report to excess insurance carriers as necessary on assigned claims in order to meet contractual reporting obligations under our insurance policies.
Maintain current knowledge at the expert level of applicable laws, procedures, processes and practices relevant to claims management in assigned area.
Implement and monitor effectiveness of claims cost containment programs and processes and procedures to ensure compliance with laws governing claims administration; act as liaison between company and state agencies in assigned area.
Evaluate the impact of existing and proposed legislation, rules, and regulations, as well as new case decisions and developments in assigned area; communicate findings to management.
Train and/or provide direction and support to FedEx Freight Managers, employees, third party administrators, and other external and internal customers with respect to liability claims procedures, accident reporting, and claims handling in assigned area.
Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
Perform other assignments (or duties) as required
• Bachelor’s Degree or four (4) years directly related work experience
• Five (5) years of bodily injury and/or property damage liability claims experience, which includes serious bodily injury and/or property damage liability claims and litigation of significant exposure and complexity on a regional or national level involving:
o Administration and resolution of property damage and bodily injury claims with total incurred value per claim up to $250,000, including responsibility for reserving and payment accuracy
o Oversight, negotiation, and resolution of subrogation/recovery claims involving legal action
o Oversight, negotiation, and resolution of litigated claims in which legal action has been filed and Alternative Dispute Resolution methods utilized
• In-depth knowledge of third party liability claims, contract, tort, damages, subrogation, agency, contribution/indemnity and other applicable/related laws, as well as related concepts and practices.
• Successful completion of required training programs and all licenses as required
• Professional designation in claims and/or insurance preferred
• Ability to apply knowledge of insurance contracts and claim policies and procedures
• Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly, professionally and empathetically
• Excellent leadership, time management, organizational and interpersonal skills with the ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and effectively manage changing priorities
• In-depth knowledge of medical terminology and procedure with successful completion of medical terminology course(s) preferred
• Ability to interpret and apply laws and regulations, determine the appropriate course of action and present solutions to resolve claims
• Excellent analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills
• Experience and ability to use Microsoft Office Software, including but not limited to; Word, Excel, and E-mail
• Must be able to travel
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Division Category: Legal/Regulatory
Company Name: FedEx Freight Inc.
FedEx Freight is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Freight, please call 800-888-8252 or e-mail at ADAAssistance@freight.fedex.com.
FedEx Freight will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.