Fedex Freight - Fedex Freight Human Resources Assistant in Harrison, Arkansas
Job ID 420240BR
Job Title: Human Resources Assistant
Address Line 1: 2200 Forward Drive
Zip Code: 72602-0840
Position Status: Full-Time
Perform administrative/clerical functions to assigned areas of the Human Resources (HR) department. Areas may include: reasonable accommodation review process, corrective action/termination appeals process, unemployment process, relocation program, driver endorsements and physicals, personnel record requests, reporting, and general customer service needs.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITES
Responsible for administering the Reasonable Accommodation Review (RAR) process, including but not limited to, creating and maintaining all RAR documentation and providing Legal documentation as required
Coordinate corrective action appeals process, maintain tracking and process corrective action documents
Responsible for the administration of the unemployment process; attend hearings as necessary
Coordinate the relocation and approval program by working with management, the employee and the vendor; track and monitor relocation payments in accordance with established procedures
Administer Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) and physical renewals ensuring minimum requirements are met according to Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulations; coordinate driver disqualification/ requalification process with various departments in accordance with established procedures
Process terminations and final check requests ensuring compliance with state and federal regulations
Process documentation and prepare reports relating to HR activities; perform customer service function by answering employee requests and questions
Administer company’s pre-employment drug screening records retention and notification process
Responsible for processing employment verifications ensuring compliance with legal and internal procedures
Process employee separation files and information to ensure final pay is handled in accordance with applicable legal requirements and that key documents are imaged; responsible for timely imaging of all required employee documents
Coordinate new hire orientation and conduct tours for general office
Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
Perform other duties as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
• High school diploma or equivalent plus two (2) years of general office experience; depending on the area supported, additional knowledge, skills, abilities and experience may be required
• HR experience preferred
• Detail oriented and good organizational skills
• Demonstrated ability to handle confidential and privileged information
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Software, including but not limited to, Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Accurate data entry skills
• Ability to apply policies and procedures for compliance and regulatory purposes
• Ability to monitor and follow up
• Good interpersonal and problem solving skills
• Ability to provide a high level of customer service to a diverse group of employees and external customers
• Ability to work independently or with a team, handle multiple assignments and prioritize workflow with attention to detail and time-sensitive information
• Experience with a HRIS software, preferred
• Knowledge of company policies, procedures, and benefits, preferred
• Knowledge of D.O.T. regulations regarding drug and alcohol testing helpful
Division Category: Human Resources
Company Name: FedEx Freight Inc.
FedEx Freight is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Freight, please call 800-888-8252 or e-mail at ADAAssistance@freight.fedex.com.
FedEx Freight will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.