Fedex Freight - Fedex Freight Parts Coordinator in Joliet, Illinois
Job ID 421551BR
Job Title: Parts Coordinator
Address Line 1: 1965 Terminal Court
Zip Code: 60436
Position Status: Full-Time
Maintain adequate and organized inventory of truck, trailer, dolly and forklift parts used by technicians for equipment repairs and preventive maintenance services. Maintain current inventory by returning parts for credit and utilize national account FedEx Freight approved vendors for stock parts.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITES:
Prepare inventory shipping and receiving records both manually and electronically
Retrieve parts when needed
Communicate with vendors to procure parts by phone and fax
Stock parts to and from shelving units
Monitor location for proper min/max stocking levels and lead time
Utilize computer suggested reorders daily
Receive correct invoices in a timely manner
Pack and unpack parts shipped in and out
Utilize computer system to organize parts (bin locations), primary vendor, monitor open purchase orders, back orders and parts with no movement for twelve months
Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
Perform other duties as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
• Must possess high school diploma, general education diploma (GED) or equivalent education
• Must have one year verifiable experience in maintenance and/or parts administration
• Valid driver’s license, preferred
• Must be able to remove and replace a tractor brake drum weighing approximately 110 pounds several times a month
• Commercial vehicle maintenance/parts experience preferred
• MCMS or other electronic parts management system experience preferred
• Ability to follow instructions and complete required training
• Basic computer skills
• Basic written and verbal communication skills
• Exposure to heavy traffic areas while performing the duties of the job
• Exposure to considerable amounts of dust, diesel fumes and noise
• Exposure to climate conditions of the geographic area
• Exposure to chemicals, oils, greases or other irritants
Division Category: Maintenance
Company Name: FedEx Freight Inc.
FedEx Freight is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Freight, please call 800-888-8252 or e-mail at ADAAssistance@freight.fedex.com.
FedEx Freight will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.