Fedex Freight - Fedex Freight Specialist III-Instruct Design in Memphis, Tennessee
Job ID 419355BR
Job Title: Specialist III-Instruct Design
Address Line 1: 1715 Aaron Brenner Dr
Address Line 2: FedEx Freight Suite # 600
Zip Code: 38120
Position Status: Full-Time
Work Hours: Variable based on need.
Responsible for designing, deploying and evaluating a comprehensive instructional design model to support the modernization of FedEx training and the establishment of a corporate university model. This position will have broad responsibility across functional and department lines to ensure consistency and validation of all education assets.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITES:
Design, develop, coordinate, and implement a broad range of learning assets and experiences that support employee development and drive business outcomes
Continually review training assets and experiences to evaluate accuracy and impact
Monitor and analyze effects of Learning & Development (L&D) programs, making necessary changes to current processes to ensure quality standards
Direct and oversee the design, development, delivery, and evaluation of L&D resources and strategies
Consult with management regarding organizational effectiveness and development matters to positively impact culture and strategic initiatives
Ensure collaboration between project management staff, subject matter experts and field personnel
Maintain up-to-date knowledge of adult learning and instructional design principles
Collaborate with L&D team to develop a consistent measurement and evaluation methodology
Communicate L&D value and drive customer engagement through effective marketing
Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
Perform other duties as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience plus five (5) years education, training or instructional design experience in which preferably two (2) of those years includes education evaluation and testing practices experience
• Professional certification, preferred
• Knowledge of project management techniques and processes
• Knowledge of company policies / procedures, and education delivery options, including technical programs that support learning, preferred
• Experience with adult learning principals
• Must be able to work with employees and management across all levels
• Computer navigation proficiency and ability to quickly learn system applications, provided appropriate resources
• Excellent creative thinking, problem solving, time management, organizational and interpersonal skills
• Experience and ability to use Microsoft Office Software, including but not limited to; Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Creative and business writing skills to support documentation, manual design, computer based education storyboarding, video scripting, and other learning and development resources
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently and as a team member
• Must be able to travel
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule as hours may vary based on operational need
Division Category: Administrative
Company Name: FedEx Freight Inc.
FedEx Freight is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Freight, please call 800-888-8252 or e-mail at ADAAssistance@freight.fedex.com.
FedEx Freight will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.