Fedex Freight - Fedex Freight Sr Communications Specialist in Memphis, Tennessee
Job ID 419658BR
Job Title: Sr Communications Specialist
Address Line 1: 1715 Aaron Brenner Dr
Address Line 2: FedEx Freight Suite # 600
Zip Code: 38120
Position Status: Full-Time
Plan, develop, create and evaluate effective communication materials. Responsible for editing and writing content for internal and/or external communication vehicles including press releases, digital signage, website/portal/signage monitoring, analyzing and maintenance of relevant content, etc., as assigned by department leadership.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITES:
Align communications with corporate philosophy, programs, policies and leadership; support executives as needed
Research and identify communications problems and determine appropriate strategies and solutions to maintain open communications and ensure creative appeal
Collaborate with subject matter experts (SMEs) to identify key messages, purpose, action and other details that require comprehension by intended audience
Develop and distribute, as assigned, internal and external communications, e.g., press releases, newsletters, etc., including appropriate media distribution and posting to the intranet
Proofread, edit and ensure corporate communications are approved at all levels prior to execution
Ensure project records are retained, including distribution lists, and adhere to production schedules and guidelines
Request and coordinate printing, determine postage cost, requisition check, and coordinate deadlines
Design, develop and maintain intranet or digital signage content that is organized, consistent and easy to understand
Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
Perform other assignments (or duties) as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
• Bachelor’s Degree/equivalent in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, English or related discipline
• Four (4) years’ experience in communications, writing, editing and/or related responsibilities
• Depending on internal or external communications focus, other knowledge, skills and experience may be required
• Excellent organizational, creative and human relations skills across all levels in the organization
• Precise verbal and written communication, editing and proofreading skills, with good spelling, punctuation and grammar
• Strong analytical, time management, planning skills in a deadline-driven environment; attention to detail
• Experience and ability to use Microsoft Office Software, including but not limited to; Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Experience and ability to maintain confidentiality as required or appropriate
• Basic knowledge of layout, design, editing and print media production helpful, but not required
• Knowledge of FedEx brand and communications processes helpful, but not required
• Photography skills helpful, but not required
• Ability to complete required training
• Ability to work independently and as a team member
• Must be able to travel occasionally
• Hours may vary due to operational need
Division Category: All
Company Name: FedEx Freight Inc.
FedEx Freight is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Freight, please call 800-888-8252 or e-mail at ADAAssistance@freight.fedex.com.
FedEx Freight will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.