Fedex Freight - Fedex Freight Specialist-Learning & Devel in Middletown, Pennsylvania
Job ID 419011BR
Job Title: Specialist-Learning & Devel
Address Line 1: 2030 North Union Street
Zip Code: 17057
Position Status: Full-Time
Work Hours: Varied
Analyze, design, develop, coordinate, instruct and evaluate a broad range of skills/education programs. Area of responsibility may focus in specialized functional areas to include, but not limited to, Leadership, Operations, OS&D, and other training and education programs.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITES:
Assess, design, develop and implement rollout of new education/training programs and/or review and update existing courses / classes for new policies / procedures, systems and / or governmental regulations
Facilitate classes and instruct students providing individual support as needed and evaluate education curriculum
Write, review and edit education/training policies, procedures and communications
Provide support to operations with compliance and educational/training needs, including on-site support, as needed
Provide logistical support and assistance for scheduled learning center classes
Follow-up on service center compliance results and provide support for new or relocated service center facilities
Assist in identifying and developing internal candidates and provide career counseling to current employees
Assist other departments in developing educational/training materials
Serve on committees or special projects as assigned
Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
Perform other assignments (or duties) as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
• Bachelor’s Degree or four (4) years equivalent work experience plus two (2) years’ experience in classroom instruction, instructional design, or operations related experience
• OS&D, cargo claims or cargo care experience, preferred
• Knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations, preferred
• Knowledge of project management techniques and processes, preferred
• Must be able to work with employees and management across all levels
• Good analytical, problem solving, time management, organizational and interpersonal skills
• Experience and ability to use Microsoft Office Software, including but not limited to; Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Ability to learn Operations technology systems
• Knowledge of applicable operating systems, preferred
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Able to follow instructions and complete required training
• Ability to work independently and as a team member
• Must be able to travel
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule as hours may vary based on operational need
•May be exposed to extreme hot and cold weather changes, dust and fumes in a service center environment
Division Category: All
Company Name: FedEx Freight Inc.
FedEx Freight is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Freight, please call 800-888-8252 or e-mail at ADAAssistance@freight.fedex.com.
FedEx Freight will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.