Fedex Freight - Fedex Freight Sr Advisor-Field Engr Projects in Smyrna, Georgia
Job ID 419270BR
Job Title: Sr Advisor-Field Engr Projects
Address Line 1: 2000 Maner Road Southeast
Zip Code: 30082
Position Status: Full-Time
Work Hours: Various
Plan, organize and coordinate strategic planning and engineering initiatives and provide guidance through the application of process management, Quality Driven Management (QDM) principles, and analytical techniques. Lead department and cross functional projects with responsibility for analysis of all operational cost areas and coordination of action plans for improvement.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/JOB DUTIES:
Manage development of ad hoc reports. Analyze performance data for corporate initiatives and long range planning and create custom data solutions for FXF Operations
Lead strategic process improvement projects and collaborate on new technology solutions for Operations
Lead efforts to provide short and long term operating plans in the area of properties, equipment and staffing plans
Research and analyze technical or engineering related information, review trends in performance and work with Operations management to develop solutions on areas of opportunities
Lead development of (P&D) route structure and staffing plans, dock staffing and layout plans, and administrative functions
Develop and track Operational Process Improvement Requests using QDM principles
Prepare accurate expenditure proposals and/or cost justification analysis. Assist with developing project budgets
Applies project management fundamentals and concepts for multiple concurrent projects. Creates and publishes progress reports, meeting minutes, field communication memos, and presentations for management review.
Complies with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
Performs other assignments (or duties) as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, Transportation or related field or equivalent work experience plus seven (7) years’ experience in applied engineering concepts and technology in Less Than Truckload (LTL) transportation industry in which three (3) of those years must be in an operations leadership capacity
• Knowledge of equipment and properties resource planning
• Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications
• Verbal and written communication skills necessary to explain complex and/or confidential information
• Presentation skills necessary to facilitate training and/or deliver informational sessions to groups and/or individuals
• Time management and organizational skills necessary to manage multiple projects, appropriately prioritize workload, plan for resources to meet deadlines and goals, and respond to day-to-day functional needs
• Ability to work independently and as a team member
• Ability to travel, required
• Hours may vary due to operational need
• Exposure to dust, noise, fumes and extreme hot and cold weather changes
Division Category: All
Company Name: FedEx Freight Inc.
FedEx Freight is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Freight, please call 800-888-8252 or e-mail at ADAAssistance@freight.fedex.com.
FedEx Freight will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.