Fedex Freight - Fedex Freight Custodian Part-time in Fairfield, Ohio
Job ID: 438767BR
Address Line 1: 590 Quality Blvd
Zip Code: 45014-2292
Work Hours: 9 am
This is a part-time position. Responsible for cleaning the physical structures, the yard and dock areas of the facility to provide an attractive, clean, work environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITES:
Vacuum, sweep, mop and dust entire office area
Perform general yard work (cleans, picks up trash, cuts grass, maintains gardens)
Maintain parking areas to keep free of trash
Clean dock and dock apron
Perform minor building repair and paint as needed
Change light bulbs in office area and on dock
Change air conditioner filters
Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
Perform other duties as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
• High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
• Good cleaning techniques and floor buffing skills
• Must be professional in interaction with customers and coworkers
• Good organizational skills
• Basic verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to bend, twist, squat and pull/push custodial equipment throughout shift
• Good chemical awareness
• Able to follow instructions and complete required training
• Ability to work independently and as a team member
• Must be able to stand or walk for eight hours and do light lifting consistently
• Exposure to climate conditions of the geographic area
• Exposure to hot and cold soapy water, chemicals, dust, tobacco waste or other irritants
• Hours may vary due to operational need
Division Category: Maintenance
Company Name: FedEx Freight Inc.
FedEx Freight is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans. If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Freight, please call 800-888-8252 or e-mail at ADAAssistance@freight.fedex.com. FedEx Freight will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.