Fedex Freight - Fedex Freight Sr Advisor-Business Solutions in Harrison, Arkansas
Job ID: 427300BR
Address Line 1: 2200 Forward Drive
Zip Code: 72602-0840
Position Status: Full-Time
Responsible for supporting improved customer experience, business processes, and overall operational performance within the FedEx Freight segment through successful leadership, development, and communication of business strategy and the OpCo strategic process. Lead efforts to ensure that QDM and Living PSP are both embedded into our strategic approach and that our strategic process supports full sustainability of these efforts in the Freight Segment.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
Recommend, develop, and apply structured business strategies and quality management that supports long-term business challenges, recommendations, and solutions
Support Sr. Leadership in providing vision, future direction, development, and administration of strategic planning program and the associated traceability throughout FedEx Freight
Maintain stewardship over strategic objectives by leading annual strategy program assessment and performance measurement system assessments with associated goal setting requirements
Ensure performance measurement systems appropriately align to strategic objectives/initiatives
Manage appropriate reporting and communication on strategic objectives to ensure that key initiatives are fully supported through tactical plans and business operations
Work collaboratively with other functions and disciplines to provide appropriate subject matter expertise on business capabilities and statistical analysis of performance measurement systems to continuously identify process improvement opportunities
Support Sr. Leadership in the development and monitoring activities of business cases for strategic initiatives
Lead diverse groups of people in cross operating companies on strategic projects and corporate initiatives as assigned ensuring objectives of assigned projects are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and funding parameters
Apply structured business models and diagrams for the capture and creation of cohesive and integrated views of FedEx Freight Processes
Build and maintain solid relationships with management and business process owners throughout FedEx Freight and the FedEx organization
Compile necessary information from various functional areas to provide periodic performance reports and updates
Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
Perform other duties as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in Business, Info Systems, Engineering, Computer Science, or other quantitative discipline plus seven (7) years direct experience in quantitative/analytic business, project management, transportation operations, or process improvement profession
• Advanced experience with business analysis techniques in a wide range of projects and complexities
• Experience working with business capability and enterprise analysis
• Experience with Agile methodology
• Certifications such as SAFe Program Consultant (SPC), Scaled Agilist (SA), or Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred with two (2) years focused in strategic project management
• Experience applying quality or process improvement techniques preferably in a transaction-intensive service industry
• Knowledge of the transportation industry
• Knowledge of cross functional departmental processes
• Strong analytical, problem solving, leadership, project management, and training skills with preference for experience in designing adult education curriculums
• Proven ability to learn and grow through professional development
• Excellent organizational and time management abilities
• Strong computer skills (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint) with a preference for capabilities with statistical software and reporting interfaces such as Minitab
• Strong presentation, verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently and as a team member with proven multi-tasking abilities
• Travel required
Division Category: All, General
Company Name: FedEx Freight Inc.
FedEx Freight is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Freight, please call 800-888-8252 or e-mail at ADAAssistance@freight.fedex.com.
FedEx Freight will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.