Fedex Freight - Fedex Freight Fleet Wash Associate in Indianapolis, Indiana
Job ID: 440856BR
Address Line 1: 4750 Decatur Blvd
Zip Code: 46241-9542
Position Status: Full-Time
Work Hours: TBD
Clean trucks, dollies, trailers, and facility using a high pressure hand held wash wand, hand held scrub brush and mechanically operated brushes.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITES:
Prepare vehicle wash records and reports both manually and electronically
Wash and clean company equipment and assets
Perform visual inspections for D.O.T. Safety defects while washing equipment and report defects to the supervisor
Comply with all applicable laws / regulations, as well as company policies / procedures
Perform other assignments (or duties) as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Must be able to operate class 7 and 8 trucks equipped with a manual transmission
• Valid driver’s license, preferred
• Must be able to enter and exit the driver’s compartment of the truck and area behind cab using normal available footholds and handholds
• Must be able to walk and work on and around wet surfaces
• Basic written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to follow instructions and complete required training
• Basic computer skills
• Must be able to work with or around soaps, chemicals, oils, greases or other irritants
• Exposure to heavy traffic areas while performing the duties of the job
• Exposure to considerable amounts of dust, diesel fumes and noise
• Exposure to climate conditions of the geographic area
• Exposure to hot and cold soapy water, chemicals, oils, greases or other irritants
• Hours may vary due to operational need
Division Category: All, Maintenance
Company Name: FedEx Freight Inc.
FedEx Freight is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans. If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Freight, please call 800-888-8252 or e-mail at ADAAssistance@freight.fedex.com. FedEx Freight will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.