Fedex Freight - Fedex Freight Supv-Operations in Madison, Alabama
Job ID: 428365BR
Address Line 1: 6500 Fed Ex Way
Zip Code: 35756-4434
Position Status: Full-Time
Lead employees to ensure customer satisfaction by moving all shipments on time and damage free.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITES
Lead, educate and develop company employees
Supervise and direct employee work and monitor employee performance, including administration of discipline as appropriate. Be accessible to all areas of the dock and inside trailers; trailers may be at the dock or in the yard.
Plan daily manpower needs and set schedules to ensure customers’ freight is delivered and picked-up timely and damage free
Communicate with dispatch at various terminals and with dock employees to coordinate the movement of trailers and freight
Develop plan for distributing break loads to achieve cut time goals
Monitor service freight and ensure cut time compliance
Monitor and analyze all opportunities to cut costs and improve efficiencies
Assist customers with rate quotes, claim information and setting appointments
Monitor actual performance data and gather information for reporting
Communicate with Account Manager(s) to ensure customers’ and company’s needs are met
Identify freight moving at incorrect weight and classification
Ensure all OS&D is identified and processed properly
Conduct pre-shift meetings and provide education to employees as necessary
Perform administrative functions such as printing delivery receipts, manifest shipments on a trailer, billing freight bills, trace shipments, etc.
Implement company policy
Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
Perform other duties as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
• Must possess high school diploma or equivalent
• Must be able to travel as needed
• Basic written and verbal communication skills (documentation, communication with peers, supervisors, etc.)
• Prior management experience, preferred
• Thorough knowledge of LTL Industry, DOT Rules and Regulations, OSHA Laws, Hazardous Materials Regulations, NMFC and Tariff Rules, as well as company policies and procedures, preferred
• Able to work without management present and take initiative without immediate local supervision
• Multi-tasked oriented and possess good organizational skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Internet
• Dock environment; exposure to varied weather conditions, exhaust, fumes, dust, noise
• Hours may vary due to operational need
• Frequent contact with service center personnel; fast-paced, deadline oriented
Division Category: Operations
Company Name: FedEx Freight Inc.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled