Fedex Freight - Fedex Freight Intern-Strategic Planning in Memphis, Tennessee
Job ID: 438044BR
Address Line 1: 1715 Aaron Brenner Dr
Zip Code: 38120
Position Status: Full-Time
INTERNSHIP POSITION OVERVIEW:
Train with department management, professional and support staff in order to gain work experience. Gain a working knowledge of applications and tools related to assigned functional area; perform assigned tasks and project work with supervision; specific duties/tasks determined by department management. Assignments are directly related to Intern’s field of study.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
Perform meaningful work in assigned department
Participate in projects and tasks as assigned
Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
Perform other duties as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
• Must be enrolled at a Junior level or above (or have graduated within the last 12 months) at an accredited college or university
• Major or course of study toward a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Data Analytics, Statistics, Engineering, Mathematics, Operations Research, Computer Science or other quantitative discipline
• A Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• Depending on the functional area supported, additional knowledge, skills, abilities and experience may be required
• May require completion of courses related to specific functional department assigned
• Must be reliable and exhibit follow-through
• Must be adept in completing assignments and solving problems
• Good organizational and interpersonal skills
• Experience and ability to use Microsoft Office Software, including but not limited to: Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work independently and as a team member
Division Category: Intern
Company Name: FedEx Freight Inc.
FedEx Freight is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans. If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Freight, please call 800-888-8252 or e-mail at ADAAssistance@freight.fedex.com. FedEx Freight will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.