Fedex Freight - Fedex Freight International Services Agent in Memphis, Tennessee
Job ID: 434447BR
Address Line 1: 1715 Aaron Brenner Drive
Zip Code: 38120
Position Status: Full-Time
Ensure the efficient movement and clearance of Import/Export freight in compliance with established regulations and procedures for international freight. Provide training and technical expertise to International Reps. Updates operating procedures and takes proactive measures to reduce potential liability. Work with custom brokers as the “carrier” expert in international transportation.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITES:
Provide technical expertise applicable to movement and clearance of international shipments. Develop and implement new methods and procedures to enhance regulatory compliance and increase the quality of information provided to regulatory agencies
Provides training and technical support to Int'l Reps and serve as a resource in the resolution of complex problems and issues to ensure proper processing of documentation associated with international shipments
Proactively work with customers communicating potential delays in shipment and provide solution to prevent future delays transit due to paperwork or clearance issues
Evaluate shippers documents for compliance with US government regulations and country of import requirements
Communicate with customs brokers regarding questions on paperwork or following up on clearance delays, which will include distribution of documents electronically to appropriate customs broker
Provide expert level international customer support including functions such as guidance on documentation and answering high level and/or more complex questions from external/internal customers and employees
Conduct research and action planning to assist in the reduction of overages and shortages as it relates to the handling of international shipments which affect fines and penalties.
Work with other operating companies to maximize business opportunities
Enter data that documents shipment history, event activity, and missing documentation
Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
Perform other duties as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
• High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
• Two (2) years’ experience in international transportation, freight forwarding or customs clearance
• Thorough knowledge of international operations, FedEx International operations preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Bilingual (English-French) preferred
• Strong skills using Outlook or another email program
• Strong Excel skills including (creating spreadsheets, manipulating data by sorting, filtering, using formulas and pivot tables)
• Typing/data entry skills
• Excellent research, problem solving and negotiating skills
• Must be well organized and able to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced team environment
• Must be self-motivated with a high level of initiative and able to make independent decisions
• Complete required training and assist others in completing training
• Able to work independently and as a team member
• Shifts may vary based on operational need
Division Category: Administrative
Company Name: FedEx Freight Inc.
FedEx Freight is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans. If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Freight, please call 800-888-8252 or e-mail at ADAAssistance@freight.fedex.com. FedEx Freight will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.