Fedex Freight - Fedex Freight Sr Advisor-Financial Systems in Memphis, Tennessee
Job ID: 438870BR
Address Line 1: 1715 Aaron Brenner Dr
Zip Code: 38120
Position Status: Full-Time
Lead the design, development and implementation of supporting back-office financial systems in support of Finance and the FedEx enterprise.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
Serve as technical expert for applications, interfaces and systems support related to financial functions; research and resolve financial systems related technology issues
Develop and implement new system functionality and applications for implementation including but not limited to multidimensional databases, web technologies and scripting languages
Develop project plans and lead teams guiding technical research and documentation of business requirements in the review of existing and proposed applications for the organization’s financial systems and databases
Communicate and coordinate with all levels of leadership and business partners, including across operating companies, providing guidance regarding development, support requests and technical advice
Lead, create and complete necessary testing and documentation for new features, upgrades and conversions
Create business process models for financial systems procedures utilizing Quality Driven Management (QDM) fundamentals
Compile, analyze and evaluate data from multiple financial and operational systems and act as the representative of the Finance organization, presenting analyses, conclusions and recommendations to Sr. leadership
Monitor the effectiveness of system controls, identifies process improvement and communicates recommendations
Use, develop and maintain processes, information systems and software
Ensure compliance with the information security policy and standards for all financial applications
Mentor and coach less senior staff
Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
Perform other duties as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in finance, accounting, management information systems or other related discipline plus seven (7) years’ experience with enterprise resource planning or other related financial systems (Hyperion Planning / Essbase preferred).
• Advanced understanding and knowledge of accounting, financial consolidations and financial systems
• Strong computer skills and understanding of relational database concepts
• Must be detailed oriented with the ability to identify problems, gather relevant information to determine root causes and identify data integrity issues
• Outstanding analytical skills
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Solid planning and project management skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint and/or financial support systems
• Able to independently represent the Finance function within project groups
• Ability to work well in a team environment and communicate across different levels of the organization
WORKING CONDITIONS :
• Hours may vary due to operational need
Division Category: Accounting/Finance
Company Name: FedEx Freight Inc.
FedEx Freight is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans. If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Freight, please call 800-888-8252 or e-mail at ADAAssistance@freight.fedex.com. FedEx Freight will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.