Fedex Freight - Fedex Freight Sr Communications Specialist in Memphis, Tennessee
Job ID: 440926BR
Address Line 1: 1715 Aaron Brenner Dr
Zip Code: 38120
Position Status: Full-Time
Develop and implement internal and/or external communications strategies that increase brand awareness among multiple audiences as well as employee engagement.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
Compose, adapt, and share multiple internal and external-facing narratives; influence executive tone of voice in written and oral communications across internal and external channels
Present communications plans, execute strategies and tactics and report performance results to senior level leadership and other departments
Research and identify communications opportunities and determine appropriate strategies and solutions
Consult with subject matter experts (SMEs) across the company to identify key messages and align communications plans with various initiatives
Proofread, edit and ensure communications are approved at all levels prior to execution
Identify and track communications success metrics and program performance measures to evaluate program effectiveness and to integrate into future initiatives
Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
Perform other duties as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism, English or related field plus four (4) years’ agency/in house public relations or communications experience; experience in a corporate environment preferred
• Communications planning and communications project management experience
• Relationship management experience with external agencies, vendors, clients or business partners preferred
• Excellent organizational, creative and human relations skills
• Proven communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
• Working knowledge of SharePoint, intranet and major social media platforms (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) preferred
• Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and discretion
• Corporate event planning experience preferred
• Ability to work independently and as a team member
• Depending on internal or external communications focus, other knowledge, skills and experience may be required
• Must be able to travel occasionally
• Hours may vary due to operational need
Division Category: All, Communications, General, Human Resources
Company Name: FedEx Freight Inc.
FedEx Freight is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans. If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Freight, please call 800-888-8252 or e-mail at ADAAssistance@freight.fedex.com. FedEx Freight will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.