Fedex Freight - Fedex Freight Sr Spec-Diversity & Inclusion in Memphis, Tennessee
Job ID: 429988BR
Address Line 1: 1715 Aaron Brenner Dr
Zip Code: 38120
Position Status: Full-Time
Design, develop, evaluate and deliver strategies in the advancement of a culture of diversity & inclusion for FXF. Act as the FXF representative on various corporate initiatives and community events. Serve as the subject matter expert in the area of diversity and inclusion.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
Develop and manage the D&I Education, Communication, Measurement and Business Resource Team (BRT) Strategies to support the FedEx Freight D&I vision in conjunction with the appropriate D&I Action Team
Function as the D&I expert and project manager for D&I Action Teams as assigned
Facilitate diversity& inclusion education to multiple audiences, e.g., manager orientation, new hire orientation, operations, departments, leadership and community education
Conduct research and gather D & I information and best practices to assist in determining the direction for FXF D&I programs
Determine Metrics that can be used to measure success and movement toward established best practices.
Work with team in development and execution of D&I activities and functions in support of D&I objectives, e.g., teambuilding activities, company-wide projects
Provide support to the Business Resource Teams Executive sponsors, Chairs & Co-chairs
Interact with all levels of management to establish buy-in and sponsorship
Develop communication plans that ensure clear and consistent messaging across all employee groups
Work with Operations, HR, recruitment, learning & development, workforce planning, communications and other identified functions to pinpoint needs in relation to FXF’s diversity & inclusion objectives
Serve as internal resource to managers in addressing diversity & inclusion barriers
Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
Perform other duties as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience plus three (3) years’ experience in Diversity & Inclusion program management or related area
• Working knowledge of concepts and practices related to Diversity & Inclusion
• Ability to understand, interpret, and perform analysis related to metrics
• Strong leadership, analytical, problem solving, time management, organizational and interpersonal skills
• Strong presentation skills in large or small group settings
• Strong written, listening and verbal, communication skills necessary to communicate with all levels of management.
• Ability to interact with employees and management across all levels as an advocate for diversity
• Excellent coaching, mentoring and facilitating skills
• Ability to work independently and as a team member
• Ability to anticipate and identify problems and use sound judgment and fact-based analysis to develop effective and efficient solutions.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite applications
• Knowledge of and experience with SharePoint preferred
• Knowledge of Human Resources principles, practices and Affirmative Action/Equal Employment laws and regulations, preferred
• Travel required
Division Category: All, Human Resources
Company Name: FedEx Freight Inc.
FedEx Freight is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans. If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Freight, please call 800-888-8252 or e-mail at ADAAssistance@freight.fedex.com. FedEx Freight will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.