Fedex Freight - Fedex Freight Analyst Field Engineering in Middletown, Pennsylvania
Job ID 424169BR
Job Title: Analyst Field Engineering
Address Line 1: 2030 North Union Street
Zip Code: 17057
Position Status: Full-Time
Provide engineering plans applying fundamental engineering concepts and practices/procedures to analyze operational data and recommend methods for improvements to the FedEx Freight network.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITES:
Analyze performance data within engineering
Utilize engineering tools and software to analyze data and validate results
Research, analyze and effectively consolidate technical or engineering related information and present for management review
Formulate and present document research, progress, and results to team members, internal customers and senior management
Apply project management fundamentals and concepts with management guidance. Develop progress reports, meeting minutes, and field communication memos for management review
Develop and update engineering plans based on volume forecasts
Collaborate with Field Engineering, Operations Planning & Engineering (OP&E) and Transportation teams to develop and implement corporate projects
Review and compare daily service analysis to previous day activities; develop customized reports for analysis (e.g., root cause analysis) for continuous improvements using engineering principles and communicate solutions, operational issues, and enhancements
Conduct dock observations and makes recommendations on methods to increase productivity and decrease freight damages
Participate in service center and department projects (e.g., Quality Driven Management (QDM)).
Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
Perform other duties as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Statistics or other quantitative discipline or equivalent work experience plus two (2) years’ experience in applicable technical area, preferred
• Experienced with Microsoft Office software and web-based applications
• Verbal and written communication skills necessary to explain complex and/or confidential information
• Presentation skills necessary to facilitate training and/or deliver informational sessions to groups and/or individuals
• Time management and organizational skills necessary to manage projects, appropriately prioritize workload, plan for resources to meet deadlines and goals, and respond to day-to-day functional needs
• Ability to analyze, review, and make recommendations
• Ability to travel as necessary up to and including 50%
Division Category: Administrative
FedEx Freight is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Freight, please call 800-888-8252 or e-mail at ADAAssistance@freight.fedex.com.
FedEx Freight will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.