Fedex Freight - Fedex Freight Supv-Operations in Middletown, Pennsylvania
Job ID: 435517BR
Address Line 1: 300 Fulling Mill Rd
Zip Code: 17057-5950
Position Status: Full-Time
Lead employees to ensure customer satisfaction by moving all shipments on time and damage free.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITES
Lead, educate and develop company employees
Supervise and direct employee work and monitor employee performance, including administration of discipline as appropriate. Be accessible to all areas of the dock and inside trailers; trailers may be at the dock or in the yard.
Plan daily manpower needs and set schedules to ensure customers’ freight is delivered and picked-up timely and damage free
Communicate with dispatch at various terminals and with dock employees to coordinate the movement of trailers and freight
Develop plan for distributing break loads to achieve cut time goals
Monitor service freight and ensure cut time compliance
Monitor and analyze all opportunities to cut costs and improve efficiencies
Assist customers with rate quotes, claim information and setting appointments
Monitor actual performance data and gather information for reporting
Communicate with Account Manager(s) to ensure customers’ and company’s needs are met
Identify freight moving at incorrect weight and classification
Ensure all OS&D is identified and processed properly
Conduct pre-shift meetings and provide education to employees as necessary
Perform administrative functions such as printing delivery receipts, manifest shipments on a trailer, billing freight bills, trace shipments, etc.
Implement company policy
Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
Perform other duties as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
• Must possess high school diploma or equivalent
• Must be able to travel as needed
• Basic written and verbal communication skills (documentation, communication with peers, supervisors, etc.)
• Prior management experience, preferred
• Thorough knowledge of LTL Industry, DOT Rules and Regulations, OSHA Laws, Hazardous Materials Regulations, NMFC and Tariff Rules, as well as company policies and procedures, preferred
• Able to work without management present and take initiative without immediate local supervision
• Multi-tasked oriented and possess good organizational skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Internet
• Dock environment; exposure to varied weather conditions, exhaust, fumes, dust, noise
• Hours may vary due to operational need
• Frequent contact with service center personnel; fast-paced, deadline oriented
Division Category: Operations
Company Name: FedEx Freight Inc.
FedEx Freight is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans. If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Freight, please call 800-888-8252 or e-mail at ADAAssistance@freight.fedex.com. FedEx Freight will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.