Fedex Freight - Fedex Freight Sr Analyst-Finance in Open, Tennessee
Job ID: 429409BR
Address Line 1: Open
Position Status: Full-Time
This position will be domiciled in either Harrison, AR or Memphis, TN.
To use financial and analytical skills to provide ongoing guidance and decision support to management and to assist in executing Finance processes and procedures
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITES
Compile, analyze and evaluate data from multiple financial and operational systems and effectively summarize and present analyses, conclusions and recommendations that assist management decision making.
Assist in producing forecasts, annual business plan / long range plans and incorporates current / historical information and that aligns with company financial objectives.
Review financial data, plans, and reports for completeness and accuracy and ensure timeliness of completion
Develop working relationships with functional departments and operations
Develop forecast and variance analysis presentations for executive management
Provide support for related analytical ad-hoc requests from senior management
Assist department owners with tools for forecasting, budgeting and overall department assessment
Use, develop and maintain processes, information systems and software
Use advanced financial analysis, data management and modeling techniques
Lead or participate in special projects driven by current company needs or business conditions
Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
Perform other duties as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in finance, accounting, business or a related quantitative / analytical discipline plus three (3) years’ experience in finance or in a field requiring quantitative analysis
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong attention to accuracy and detail
• Good organizational skills
• High level problem solving ability
• Basic project management skills
• Able to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines
• Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint and/or financial support systems
• Self-motivated and able to work independently
• Able to independently represent the finance function within project groups
• Ability to work well in a team environment and communicate across different levels of the organization
Division Category: Accounting/Finance, All, General
Company Name: FedEx Freight Inc.
FedEx Freight is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans. If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Freight, please call 800-888-8252 or e-mail at ADAAssistance@freight.fedex.com. FedEx Freight will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.