Fedex Freight - Fedex Freight Service Center Support PT in Roswell, New Mexico
Job ID: 436353BR
Address Line 1: 401 East Brashear Road
State: New Mexico
Zip Code: 88201
Position Status: Part-Time
Responsible for handling the needs of customers, processing documentation that accompanies the movement of freight, and performing other administrative and customer service duties as necessary in the daily operation of the service center.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITES:
Perform administrative/clerical functions, including but not limited to, maintaining files, copying, imaging, answering phones, data entry, sorting/ distributing mail and/or packages
Verify and complete required documentation and reports
Provide accurate information and assistance to customers, which includes determining pick-up and/or delivery needs, problem resolution, updating systems to meet customer special handling requirements, selling company services and provide potential leads to sales
Enter freight shipment information into computer system to include, but not limited to, accurately status shipments, generate freight bills and/or correct freight bills, etc.
Administer freight pick-up process, as required
Assist customers via phone, e-mail and/or fax in all inquiries, including but not limited to, tracing shipments, rate quotes, tariff discrepancies, billing and/or invoicing questions, etc.
Make freight delivery appointments, as required
Review drivers’ Hours-of-Service logs to ensure accuracy, as required; report discrepancies to appropriate leadership member
Assist city operations, including but not limited to, checking-in drivers and processing related documentation, coordinating drop-off situations, coordinating driver collections, etc.
Communicate with sales, operations and other service centers and/or departments to ensure customer’s needs are achieved and all issues are resolved
Reconcile cash and checks collected, prepare deposits and prepare COD check remittance to customers, as required
Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
Perform other duties as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
• High school diploma or GED
• Two years general office experience preferred
• One year customer service experience, preferred
• Previous transportation experience preferred
• Strong phone and interpersonal skills
• Ability to count and perform basic math, with or without a calculator
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to comprehend the various FedEx service products to assist in determining customers’ needs
• Ability to use general office equipment, e.g. computer, fax machine, copier, scanner, etc
• Typing/data entry skills
• Ten-key skills preferred
• PC experience with the ability to learn required computer systems/programs
• Demonstrated time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills
• Ability to handle confidential information
• Ability to follow instructions and complete required training
• Ability to work independently and/or as a team member
• Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
• Office/dock environment
• Fast-paced; deadline oriented
• Hours may vary due to operational needs
Division Category: Administrative
Company Name: FedEx Freight Inc.
FedEx Freight is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans. If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Freight, please call 800-888-8252 or e-mail at ADAAssistance@freight.fedex.com. FedEx Freight will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.