Fedex Freight - Fedex Freight Supv-International Services in Uniontown, Ohio
Job ID: 435797BR
Address Line 1: 1475 Boettler Road
Zip Code: 44685
Position Status: Full-Time
Responsible for the day-to-day operations of a team of employees involved in processing documents for the movement of freight across international borders, off shore, containers and associated regulatory required documents. May be involved in problem resolution and negotiation between brokers, regulatory agencies and customers.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
Supervise daily activities of team to achieve the volume expected to meet operational requirements
Coach and mentor team members and assign tasks to ensure that the team's resources are used effectively meeting targets
Monitor actual performance data and gather information for reporting
Respond to more complex, escalated inquiries from team members
Consults with both internal and external customers, including legal counsel, foreign order administration, customs officials, and freight companies, to ensure compliance with governmental requirements.
Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
Perform other assignments (or duties) as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
• Bachelor’s Degree OR equivalent work experience plus two (2) years’ International/Offshore or related experience required
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
• Excellent research, problem solving and negotiating skills
• Must be self-motivated and able to make independent decisions
• Experience and ability to use Microsoft Office Software, including but not limited to: Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Strong knowledge of the transportation industry
• Bilingual communication skills a plus (English – French or English - Spanish preferred)
• Flexibility to cover varying shifts when required
• Ability to work independently and as a team member
• Some travel required
• Hours may vary due to operational needs
Division Category: Operations
Company Name: FedEx Freight Inc.
FedEx Freight is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans. If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Freight, please call 800-888-8252 or e-mail at ADAAssistance@freight.fedex.com. FedEx Freight will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.